Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SJMSOM / IIT-Bombay GDPI -2

Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) or IIT-Bombay GDPI experience (2/2)

Candidate: Akash  
Location: SJMSOM / IIT Bombay
Date: 28th March, 2011
Time: 2pm

B.E.(Electronics) - Dr. D.Y. Patil's Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology, MUMBAI UNIVERSITY

Group Task:
Topic : "Can ethics and success go hand-in-hand.."
3 examples were given, that of 
  1. Lalit Modi(IPL Scam)
  2. Some Cisco CEO's tactics(ethical 1)
  3. Bill Gates lie towards the end of his term
For the first time ever in my life, I started the GT.. And gave valid points in between.. Our group had the least number of candidates.. 8/14 (6 absent).. So, all in all it was a healthy discussion..!!
Overall, GT was quite gud for me..

Personal Interview:
A complete SHOCKER for me..
I was the 2nd last person in my group(13/14).. and ll the people in my group were havin chilled out PI's.. But, when my turn came, they took a stress interview for me.. I wasn't allowed to answer ny questions fully.. Whenever I tried to answer a question properly, they would fire the next question.. Questions from Maths, B.E. Syllabus, to current affairs.. Also, they were kinda trying to "CONFUSE" me a lotttttt.. 

LIKE 1 typical example I'll give..
They asked me the current ranking of Saina Nehwal (as I had mentioned Badminton in my extra-currics).. I said 5.. Ma'am said its 37.. (which can't be).. Then, Sir 1 said its not 5, but less than 5.. I said 6,7.. Then, Sir 2 said that "Sir is telling you it's less than 5", how can 6,7 be less than 5.. Then, I changed my answer to 4.. But, later I again thought that in rankings, 4 will be higher than 5 & NOT LESS.. so, I said 6..et al.. blah blah blah
Overall, PI was a complete disaster for me.. lets see what happens..!!!!

P.S. : Later found out that Saina Nehwal's latest World-Ranking is 3 after her win in the Swiss Open 2 days ago..!!!!!!!!! heheheh

Verdict: Rejected

No comments:

Post a Comment