Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SIBM-Pune GDPI-2

Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune GDPI Experiences (2/2):





I started with the normal registration, got compliments from two lady volunteers "nice saree" 
we were shown a Times of India ad ..

In our group of 10 (i was the last one), 4 were absent, so we were only 6 people .. so things seemed easier ...
mine was the K group, and our process began with the PI part ... but when 4 of us were done with the pi, and we were done with the sandwiches and aloo chop, we were called for the GE process .. and last two people's PI got deferred ... 

Group Exercise:
We entered the GE room .. and there we met the same Army person mentioned about earlier ... he asked us how's the weather, and campus and blah blah ... 
back to business ... started off with a case study ...


It was about a minor girl Anita taking a right turn in a heavy traffic and leading to chain of accidents ... with Akash, Arvind and Sheela as the additional characters .. question: who is to be blamed, blah blah ... the discussion was fine , nothing very great about it .. 

Then the army uncle gave us the feedbacks, then we took a 2 min break.. when we returned, it was time for GD ... 


Group Discussion:
the army uncle was a great guy, asked us what kind of topic would we like to discuss, 5 out of 6 said abstract .. he was like "great!!" .. and gave us the topic "Black is black and white is white" ... had a nice discussion .. in the end, we even got to summarize the topic (courtesy : Malini  )


Personal Interview:I enter the room , and there i see 2 ladies in the panel ... 

P1 was one with short hair, and always bore a look "what's she doing here?"
P2 seemed to be a better one 

P1: hello malini, how r u doing ??
Me: m doing fine.
P1: so how u feel about the campus?? (even the army uncle had asked the same ques ... uff )
me: it's beautiful ma'm .
P1: so malini, pick out a chit and talk about it for 2 mins (Extempore)
I pick up the chit, and kept staring at it for god knows how long. The topic was something about success and mental attitude and mental ability
me: and i supposed to speak ?
P2: u can start when u feel like (looking at the annexure )
me: ok mam, m ready .. (and then gave some funda .. not even sure if it lasted for a single minute)
P2: ok .. so malini u r with infosys .
me: i was with infosys for 7 months.
P2: so why did u leave it ?
me: gave my reason n all..
P1: so tell me about ur autobiography .
me: told them whatever was written 
P1: why SIBM-P ?
me: gave some toota foota answer (and the entire time P1 had this expression as if i was speaking elvish)
P1: is SIBM-P famous in Jharkhand ? (What d crap ?? )
me : yeah, may be.. (and here goes my terrific blunder) actually for my mba preps had joined ims coaching, so many people over there had applied for it.
P1: so u want to say it's famous in Jharkhand.
me: may be.
P2: So u want to take Chris Gardener and Amir Khan for the trip.
me: yes.
P1: who is your fav actress?
me: none as such
P1: no actually, most of the girls say Kareen Kapoor. (Huh ??? )
P1: why do u have such low marks in 12th?
me: was preparing for engg at the same time, and both the courses are a bit diff, so couldn't manage well.
P1: but u will have to manage a lot of things during MBA as well, how will u do that?
me: ma'm that was a long time back, and i had a different level of maturity and responsibility at that time, now i have come a long way. now that i'm more capable, i will put in my best effort to whatever task m given.
(Now read this)
P1: has this answer been suggested to u by ur coaching institute ??? (WTF !!!)
me: why would they tell me this? this has been my experience, and only i can justify it well.
P1: but m just asking u, have they told u about this question ?
me: (straight looking into her eyes) NO.
P1: it's fine, i was just trying to get the thought process. u don't need to get "defensive" about it . (Bye bye Sibm-P)
P2: tell me something about ur family.
me: told them blah blah .. and in the end, said " so i belong to a humble family of 4
P1: how humble? how would u score on a scale of 10?
me: 7
P1: which being the most humble?
me: 10.
P1: which field u r interested in ?
me: marketing 
P1: but u know it's going to be difficult for a girl
me: yeah, some of my people have told me, that it includes a lot travelling , and even my parents are keen on me doing HR, but marketing is something which I'm really interested in.

Verdict: Converted

4 comments:

  1. @Saurabh: All the gdpi experiences have the conversion status at the end of the post...reg your questions, yes she did convert it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choose Best CAT Coaching Class in Pimple Saudagar like Career Launcher. Here you will get moctest series and online lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s really great information for becoming a better Blogger. Keep sharing, Thanks. For more details to visit cat classes in pune.

    ReplyDelete