Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FMS GDPI Experience-1

Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi GDPI Experience-1/1


Candidate: Abhishek  
Work Experience: 30 months


Venue: FMS Delhi
Date: 17th March, 2011


Group Discussion:
Topic: "Labour unions will continue to play an important role in future"

Due to my work experience in a labor-oriented industry and the consequent exposure to these unions, it was a fairly easy topic for me. I could bring new insights into the GD at will. Did well.


Personal Interview:3 persons in panel. i'll say Left Middle and Right. I enter, wish them and am asked to sit.


M: How in the world did u manage to get into....hmmm what is this....NITK? Did u bribe your way into it?
Me: (taken aback) my goodness!! No sir. We had an entrance exam called AIEEE. Cleared it. Couldnt score well though. Got into metallurgy.
M: good. So now for ur extempore i'll give topic as " I have learnt my lesson". Is that ok?
Me: (OMG!!! So complicated. Kahan fas gaya yaar? ) sure sir ( barely managing a smile)
then on being signalled I just start speaking whatever crap comes to my mind. Talk for 40 secs n then some drag on for the rest 20 secs
M: ok abhishek, so how old are u now?
Me: 25 sir
M: so do u think now is the right time for u to do an MBA? How do u justify ur decision?
Me: should it be with respect to my age or just generally?
M: talk generally and then bring age factor into it.
Me: didnt know much how to customise my answer. Just went on with my why MBA answer
M: ok. So abhishek are u creative?
Me: not very much sir. Actually I am not.
M: Tell me 5 different syllables that u can make using the word "black"
Me: thinking hard like an idiot
M: if u want I can give u an example.
Me: no no sir. i dont want u to use up even the one or two that are coming to my mind. I'll try ( everybody burst out laughing) finally I could only manage black sheep.
M: Is that all? Come on. Black day, black sheep, black beauty. There are so many. ( I sit back making an awkward face) fine I take it that u r not creative.


Now passes the baton to the maam i'll call Right. Left was only quietly staring at my face keenly throughout the process. Dont know what analysis he was making.

R: do u know what PIIGS is?
Me: maam PIIGS stands for portugal,ireland, italy,greece and spain. They were the group of 5 nations affected by the european crisis.

They r all happy now...they thank me and ask me to leave.

Verdict: Converted

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading your blog post. I am pretty impressed by the way you have talked your heart out for this article. Your emotions spellbound the readers and keep them expecting till the end.
    We at www.admito.in, want to feature your blog post in our users news feed so that they read the most relevant content while applying for the colleges.
    Let us know your views on this. You can reach out to me at shivangi.5181@gmail.com or 8586898301

    ReplyDelete