Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SCMHRD GDPI-1

Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune GDPI Experience:




I entered the the admission hall.. the registration was going on.. I sat there for quite a while, trying to decipher what was going on, and then my name was called out .. I was the first person in my group (of 5) .. seriously, why do i always get positioned at the extreme positions?? in sibm-b and p, i was the last on in the group, this time i was the first .. any ways ...

Essay Writing:
I was given a topic somewhat like "for success in academic and professional fields, _______ (don't remember the word, was the synonym of "creativity") is more important than knowledge" ...
wrote okay .. like people can get knowledge, but how can one utilize it in an unconventional way makes him stand out in the crowd .. bahut funde maare .. gave example of Aamir Khan ( now i think, Christopher Nolan could have been a better example) ... but not very satisfied with my essay part ... 

Group Discussion:
we were given a case study, about a softare company in a dilemma who is supposed to fire one of it's 4 employees ... had a good discussion .. and then finally came to a conclusion ... my first choice was not the unlucky person to be fired, a logical decision was reached upon though .. umm.. not that bad, I guess.

Group Interview:
it was about a lady working in a banking sector, with a jobless husband, struggling with the finance probs ... and luckily, this time also we all came to a conclusion .. so overall group experience, in my opinion, was not that bad.

Personal Interview:
I had to wait really long for my turn, in fact even my panel was changed .. anyways, i entered the interview area, and the first thing i noticed was the absolute silence over there ... i tried to walk as slow as possible, to avoid the "tak-tak" noise of my heels .. i entered the cabin, and there were two persons : a lady, with a pleasant smile (P1) and a man, kinda serious, but not a tough one in looks (P2)

p1: hello malini, how r u doing (smile) ?
me: i'm doing good mam.
p1: so where r u from ?
me: jamshedpur.
p1: u r with infosys, right? does infosys has a centre in jamshedpur.
me: no mam, i was with infosys.
p1: oh yes, u have left it. so, after leaving infosys, what have u been doing?
me: i came back to jamshedpur, n started preparing for mba. after having done with all the written tests, i got into part time teaching. 
p1: where?
me: (bingo ) and then my story.
p1: so why did u leave infosys?
me: during my tenure i realized i was more keen on doing mba. so having thought over this, and having discussed it with my parents and friends, i decided to leave it .
(p2 all silent ... just watching )
p1: is there anything u didn't like about infosys.
me: no mam. in fact, infosys taught me a lot many things, made me more endurable. but at certain point of life, u realize that u want to do something else. so did i. i thought that it's better to do something which u actually want to do, rather than dragging yourself. so i left my job after 7 months, got into preparations, tried my best, and thats why i'm giving an interview here right now .
p2 : are u always this soft-spoken, or u r trying to be that way just coz u r here in front of us .
me: sir, to be honest, the environment over here is very quite, that's why i prefer to talk slow. or else, i'm a very fun loving person, and my friends really do enjoy my company, so do they say .
p1: so malini, u told us about your job and your teaching. tell me, what else really excites you.
me: dancing . it always gives a rush of excitement, especially when i'm performing on the stage. 
p1: any particular dance form u like?
me: my style is typically free style dancing. i also love to watch dance shows like DID and So you think you can dance. my fav is contemporary, but i don't know much about it. but i guess if i ever get a chance, will surely learn it .
p2: so, do u sing?
me: i used to sing. actually, i'm a trained classical singer . when i was in std. 10, i had completed my 4th year. but after that had to discontinue it because of my +2 studies.
p1: u r a computer science student.
me: no mam, electronics and tele-comm.
p1: what if u don't get admission in mba? have u thought of any other option?
me: right now, m just not thinking of any other option. my prime focus right now is getting an mba degree, and will try my best to get that .
p2: which field u r interested in ?
me: marketing.
p2: which other calls u have? 
me : IIM-k and I.. 
p2: which is your fav technical subject?
me: to be honest, there's no fav technical subject for me. i was fine studying them, but if u don't mind i'd like to mention that i enjoy doing maths.
p2: which area in maths u like the most? as in algebra, geometry..
me: sir, geometry. at times i often came across really tricky one, but even then i really like solving them (itna bhagwaan jane kyun boli  )
p2: what's pythagoras theorm ?
me: gave them the formula.
p2: but what is l?
me: drew a diagram , explained the entire thing.
p2: what is h?
me: it's the hypotenuse, and we denote it using h.
p2: u comfortable with trignometry?
me: have been quite a long time since i pratised it, but still can give it a shot .
p2: what's sin 90, cos 90, tan 90 (was a rapid fire)?
me: gave the answers.
p2: can u draw the quadrant?
me: (i tried drawing it, but had forgotten .. mumbled a bit, even p2 tried to help me out.. in the process he even asked me the value of sin 180 .. i said 0 .. and told him about the formula sin(A+B)= sin A.cosB + cos A. sin B )
p2: (asking p1) u want to ask some technical ques ?
p1: just nodded her head, kinda no .
p2: what's a transistor .
me: told him .
p2: what's ________ (seriously i hadn't heard the term before, so can't recall i now as well )
me: sir i don't know.
p2: they haven't taught u this (that really wasn't rude ) ?
me: sir i just can't recall it right now.

p2: (again to p1) u want to ask anything ?
p1: (asking me) u want to ask anything ?
me: mam i can't think of anything right now.
p1: ok then.
p2: all the best for ur IIM calls 
me : thank you sir. thank u madam.



Verdict: Converted

1 comment: