Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IIFT GDPI experiences-2

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi GDPI experiences (2/3)

Candidate: Akash  
LocationWorld Trade Center, Mumbai
My profile:-

Graduation Stream - B.E. (Electronics),
College - Dr. D.Y. Patil's Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology, Nerul. 

Work experience - Fresher,
Extra curriculars - Not much.. A bit of quizzing, robotics, national-level sports certificate, won 1st prize in the only T.P.P. presentation I gave in my life, et al..

Essay writing:
Essay topic:- India's productivity growth is indeed rapid as compared to that of other nations

Wrote some crap.. Very unorganised essay.. could have done much better if I had time.. crammed everything from the services sector to the telecom sector.. Also, stated sectors such as agriculture & all needed more reforms for India to do much more better..
Group Discussion:

GD topic:- Should 100% FDI be allowed in India

As it usually happens in IIFT GD's, It was a relaxed atmosphere.. Initially, Everybody got to speak for 2-3 mins before open-house discussion.. I came in the GD about 5-6 times.. Overall, It was a gud experience for me..

As usual FDI was a well-versed topic for everyone.. everyone could add at least something to the GD.. We came out wid diverse points lyk FDI shudn't be allowed in strategic sectors, while allowing it in banking & finance-related sectors for better economic growth of India, etc..

However, 1 girl chose not to speak at all.. wonder what she was upto.. the panel later asked her to summarise the GD.. 

Personal Interview:
Three people :- [P1-Old prof., P2-young prof.[wasn't speaking much], P3-Ma'am]

P3-Sit down,
Me-thank u,

P3-How do u think u can contribute to iift being a fresher,
Me-Told how I can take part in various clubs of iift, etc,

P3(impressed)-hmm.. seems u hv been going through our site a lot,
Me-sort of,

P2-Asks me about my project(wanted to know about my managerial skills),
Me-told him how I managed my project & divided the work across my team-mates ably,

P1(Technical chap)-Give me the applications of Robotics,
Me-Arc welding, Spray painting, Pick-n-Place operations, etc,

P1-Give me the applications of Image Processing,
Me - X-Rays, Bone-breakage detection, Template matching, thresholding,

P1-Asks me to explain Template matching,
Me-Kuch kuch funde de diye,
P3-What r ur goals,
Me-Ma'am my immediate goal is to do an MBA from a reputed institute, after that get a job and then after a couple of years open my own electronics retail chain,

P2(the silent guy)-Asks me about my shop marketing strategies,
Me-Explained sth about the marketing policies of Croma, etc,
P3-Thank you.. U can go..

Overall the interview was a very chilled out one for everybody.. They were not grilling anybody.. They would ask me a question & then keep mum.. Speak whatever you have to.. no cross-questioning at all.. 


Verdict: Rejected

No comments:

Post a Comment